Wellness Specialist (Part-Time)
Wellness specialists needed for Kindred Market, a natural foods grocery store located in Athens, Ohio. We are seeking someone who is passionate about health and wellness and improving our community by showcasing healthy living practices and options. The wellness specialist is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing courteous, prompt, and knowledgeable service and a friendly atmosphere. The individual in this position will drive sales by offering information and guidance to customers shopping in the wellness area of the market. The wellness specialist will advise and train associates on wellness basics to ensure customers are satisfied, retained, and their needs are fulfilled.
This is a part-time, direct-hire position. Hours will include approximately 20 per week and may involve some evenings and weekends. Wages are negotiable and commensurate with qualifications. Benefits and incentives to part-time employees include an employee discount for products and merchandise.
· Participate in continuing education and research to remain up to date on practices and trends in nutrition and wellness.
· Utilize knowledge of nutrition and wellness to deliver accurate and continually updated information to shoppers.
· Aid shoppers with product selection and needs with vitamins and dietary supplements as well as organic and healthy foods.
· Manage wellness department activities related to stocking, pricing, and rotation of merchandise.
· Establish and maintain relationships with vitamin and supplement suppliers.
· Assist in ordering, receiving, display, and sale of products in accordance to company quality and merchandising standards.
· Collaborate with general manager to develop pricing and marketing plans.
· Ensure customer satisfaction by providing friendly service as well as resolving customer concerns and problems in a timely manner.
· Advise and train team members on wellness basics.
· Fill in, as needed, at other positions in the store including running the cash register, stocking other grocery items, etc.
· Strong knowledge of and dedication to the health benefits of vitamins, supplements, organic foods, and good nutrition.
· 3+ years’ relevant work experience.
· Excellent communication and organization skills.
· Outstanding customer service skills.
· Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
· Physically capable of handling the duties of the job including occasional heavy lifting.