Technical Support Specialist
Location : Athens, OH
Reference Code : 3636B
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Biotechnology
Job Description :
Technical support specialist needed for a large employer in Athens, Ohio. Will be responsible for providing technical support to medical professionals, sales representatives, and laypersons primarily via the telephone.
- Respond to global technical support inquiries and complaints, and troubleshoot as needed.
- Data entry of all inquiries, complaints, orders, and follow-up with customers and sales representatives.
- Support domestic sales, marketing, and customer service with product issues and customer conflicts.
- Responsible for initiating and coordinating returns.
- Assist with managing and maintaining the instrument tracking module in an ERP system.
- Support global sales, marketing, customer service and international office staff with product issues and customer conflicts.
- Provide technical expertise as required (i.e., training, field work, trade shows, new product launches, etc.).
- Compile and analyze customer survey data.
- Take a leadership role in proactively working with other departments to resolve any potential discrepancies as well as the resolution of any complaints.
- Maintain product references and bibliographies.
- Miscellaneous administrative responsibilities, i.e., copying, faxing, ordering, filing, etc.
This is a direct-hire, full-time position, hiring ASAP. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This company offers a comprehensive benefits package and the pay is commensurate with experience.
Required Qualifications :
Education and Experience:
- B.S./B.A. in Life Sciences, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to accept ownership and responsibility for meeting deadlines.
- Strong technical skills regarding principles of product technology and disease processes as they relate to our products.
- Good communication (speaking and listening) and interpersonal skills.
- Good telephone skills/phone manner.
- Solid organizational/time management skills.
- Good follow up skills.
- Good understanding of computer skills.
- Must be able to quickly learn new programs and/or modifications to the existing system.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle highly confidential subject matter.
- Ability to accept direction and constructive criticism.
- Ability to handle time sensitive projects with short notice.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.