Storekeepers needed for Kindred Market, a new natural foods grocery store coming to Athens, Ohio. Will provide support as a member of the front-end team including assisting customers during the check-out process, performing cash register functions, and bagging groceries. Storekeepers will help to promote the company culture of Kindred Market by being enthusiastic about health, wellness, and our customers’ desires to maintain this lifestyle. Will be spending a lot of time on the floor, assisting wherever needed, and ensuring health and safety regulations are met.
· Helps ensure customers have a positive experience by providing assistance with the location of merchandise and answering questions.
· Checks out customer groceries efficiently and accurately.
· Upholds government regulations concerning sale of alcoholic beverages and taxation.
· Follows proper check, ATM, cash, and credit procedures.
· Cleans and stocks the front-end area.
· May assist with training of new storekeeper team members.
· Assists supervisor in controlling customer flow and backed up lines – helping to reduce customer wait time.
· Assists with main store upkeep and stocking shelves during downtime.
· Assists with store opening and closing procedures.
These are direct-hire, part-time positions with schedules ranging between 10 and 30 hours per week and include evening and weekends hours. Benefits and incentives for part-time employees include employee discounts on products and merchandise.
· Demonstrates outstanding customer service skills.
· Possess strong basic math skills.
· Must be team-oriented and have excellent communication skills.
· Must be passionate about healthy living, natural foods, and the mission of Kindred Market.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
· Must be able to stand/walk for 6 to 8 hours in one working day.
· Must be able to bend, twist, squat, and reach.