Prep cook needed for Kindred Market, a natural foods grocery store located in Athens, Ohio. Performs all functions related to proper food preparation. Ensures food quality and presentation and performs duties related to stocking and sanitation.
· Prepare food items according to direction from the chef.
· Ensure that all prepared items are labeled, dated, covered, monitored for freshness, and rotated.
· Monitor food levels and replenishes in a timely manner.
· Assist with kitchen cleanup including dishwashing.
· Follow and comply, or ensure compliance with, established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
· Step in to assist with café counter and barista duties, if needed.
This is a direct-hire, full-time position. Hours and schedules will vary but will be daytime shifts, between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. The total weekly hours will be around 30 per week. Weekend hours will be required. Benefits will include discounts on store products and merchandise.
· Thorough product knowledge.
· Ability to follow a recipe.
· Good understanding of food production and fundamental cooking techniques.
· Strong communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
· Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members, customers, and vendors.
· Passion for healthy lifestyle and natural foods.
· Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
· Must be able to stand up to 6 to 8 hours in a work day.
· Must be able to work nights, evenings, and holidays as needed.